EUPHORIA Art Residency
Apply by sharing your idea and get a chance to win 500€, plus the material support needed to develop the project & assistance by our team of experienced tutors.
1. The artist selected will have three months to work on their project, from October to December 2023.
2. They will be given the possibility to gather all the materials and supplies needed to make their idea come true. In the making of their piece(s), the artist will work alongside our three tutors and will have full access to Pessima’s studio equipment, sewing machines, screen printing lab, canvases and paints.
3. The goal is to create one or a series of artworks that expand the artist’s personal research, to be displayed and curated together with Pessima’s direction.
4. The Residency will end with a final event in Q1 2024. On this occasion, the works will be displayed in a solo exhibition, curated together with the Pessima team.
Requirements: We accept applicants who identify as Trans*, are over the age 18 and of any nationality. The selected candidate must, however, be able to come to work in Milan for the residency period: from October 2023 to December 2024. The application is individual, you can submit only as a singular creative. Collectives will have to send separate applications and will be considered separate through the selection process.
Prize: The winner will be selected by our tutors among the open call entries by the 15th of September. Pessima will publish the name of the winner on its channels as proof of the winning ceremony. The winner will receive a prize of 500€ that must be used to develop their project proposal during the residency time span. Out of the total prize, 100€ will be given to the creative immediately after winning as a reward, while the remaining goes into the budget to realize their work and final event. Intellectual
Property: By accepting the prize, you agree that Pessima might feature your work and any media reproduction of it on its channels, social media platforms and website. You agree that Pessima has the right to use, display, publish, copy, edit your submission materials and any other materials produced during the full period of the residency. You agree that the final physical work you produce has a double ownership, between Pessima as the promoter and producer, and you as the artist (50-50%).
Materials for Application:
– PDF Portfolio
– PDF Presentation with a PROPOSAL of the work that you would develop during the residency period. *It can include sketches, mockups, drawings, photographs, moodboards and anything else that can make us understand why the project is deserving of the support given by the 500€ prize.*